First, you should know that Whole Foods Market is having a 25% off sale THIS WEEKEND, June 2nd-June 4th, on all protein powders!! So, if you're ready to step up your protein game or just stock up on all of your favorites, you should definitely check it out.
When I found out about this sale I was pretty pumped for several reasons...
- I wanted to tell all my clients about it right away! Most of them use protein shakes when they are busy and on-the-go, and a lot of the one's I recommend are more expensive than your average protein powder (it's all about quality, not quantity), so I didn't want them to miss out!
- I personally wanted to stock up on my favorite, Vega! (I'll explain why I choose Vega in a bit)
- This protein sale brought on a GIVEAWAY from Whole Foods Market through my blog, so I was SUPER excited to be able to share one of my favorite products with one lucky winner! Plus- it gives me an excuse to go on a protein powder rant ;)
So- Why is Vega my favorite protein powder??
A few years ago I took a plant based sports nutrition course taught by Brendan Brazier, the founder of Vega products and author of Thrive books. Prior to the course, I was already using Vega protein and never even knew it was his brand. I originally started using Vega in highschool because it was 100% plant based and had little to no sugar in it, plus it tastes good! However, throughout his course- I fell in love with it even more.
In a nutshell, the foundation of sports nutrition all comes down to recovery time. If you can recover faster - you can train harder. So, how do we recover faster? By consuming plant based proteins that have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body, by giving our adrenal glands the proper replenishment, and by fueling ourselves with superfoods and high quality ingredients. Hints- VegaOne.
VegaOne is my personal favorite protein powder. I like it because it has everything I need in ONE. Plant based protein, maca to support my adrenal glands, superfoods like chlorella to keep my body alkaline, probiotics to support a healthy gut, and digestive enzymes to ensure I am getting the most out of my post-workout shake. Can you tell I am a little obsessed?
You can mix it with water or with your choice of non-dairy milk, or even make a smoothie with it! (Recipe to follow)
But now.... let's talk about this giveaway!!
- VegaOne Chocolate Protein (16oz/1lb container)
- VegaOne Coconut Almond Protein Shake (1 individual pack)
- Vega Sport Vanilla Protein Shake (1 individual pack)
- Vega Sport Mocha Protein Shake (1 individual pack)
- Vega Sport Energizer Pre-Workout Drink (1 individual pack)
- Vega Sport Accelerator Recovery Drink (1 individual pack)
- Whole Foods Market Coupon
How to Enter:
- Like my instagram and/or Facebook page (Emmaryanvc)
- Like Whole Foods Market instagram and/or Facebook page
- Comment on this giveaway post and tell me why you want to win OR what your summer goals are!
- Tag 2 friends
WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON SATURDAY, JUNE 3RD!
Now...who wants a recipe? :) See below!
Chocolate Protein Smoothie
(1-3 hours post-workout)
The body often has trouble digesting when it is fatigued. Digestion requires a lot of internal energy, which you may not have much of after a hard workout. Sometimes a liquid meal is the best option, so it gives your digestion system more time to recover.
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk or coconut water
1 scoop Chocolate VegaOne
1 tsp spirulina powder (optional)
2 tbsp raw cocoa powder (optional)
Handful of ice
Directions: Combine all ingredients into a blender, including ice, and blend until smooth. Add more liquid if necessary.