Similar to my avocado lime tart... this raw dessert is made from avocados and cashews, but it's CHOCOLATE!! There is nothing better than a healthy chocolate fix, am I right?!?
I demonstrated this recipe at my last workshop and it was definitely a crowd favorite. In fact, I also made this when I had guests in town and it was completely gone within hours. I found myself sneaking by the fridge just to steal a bite of it, even for breakfast!
Needless to say, I think you should give it a try :)
2 cups of cashew flour (2 cups of cashews blended into flour, could also sub for almond meal)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1T melted coconut oil
4 ripe avocados
1/2 cup cacao powder
3/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1. If you are making your own cashew flour, you will need to blend about 1/2 cup of cashews at a time. If you blend more than 1/2 cup at a time it will turn into cashew butter instead of flour. So, you'll blend 1/2 cup on high until all of the cashews are ground into powder, which is a matter of seconds. You'll dump it into a bowl and then add another 1/2 cup, until you reach a total of 2 cups. (If you prefer to not make your own cashew flour, you can buy almond meal at the store and use that instead, it just don't be exactly the same.)
2. Once you have your cashew flour in a mixing bowl, add all of the remaining crust ingredients into the bowl and combine until you have a thick cookie-like dough. You will probably have to use your hands to make it stick together.
3. Using a tart or cheesecake pan, firmly press the crust down into the pan, making it as even as possible. Then set it aside.
4. Add all of the filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
5. Pour the filling over the crust and spread out evenly.
6. Place the tart in the freezer for 1-4 hours. Then place in the fridge about 30 minutes prior to serving.
**Please note: If you wish to make this in advance, you can cover it and freeze it for several weeks. If you are making it to eat immediately, it must be kept refrigerated.