Who doesn't love energy bites? They are such a perfect snack to have at anytime of the day!
These are for all my momma friends out there who are looking for something fun to make with the kids or to have on hand for healthy snacks. However, it's really for everyone who wants an easy snack to take on the go! It's even perfect for a pre or post workout snack!
I love these because they are simple to make and will last forever in the freezer, so you can make a big batch and keep them on hand for weeks to come.
Warning: You may experience addictive behavior and they might not last as long as you had planned :)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/8 cup flaxseed meal
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life mini-chips)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set to the side.
- Add all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula, mix well until a thick dough forms. Combine well.
- After washing your hands, start to make bite size ball shapes using about 2-3 tablespoons of dough per ball.
- Roll the dough between your hands, so they are smooth and stay together.
- Place each ball on the parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Once all of your dough has been rolled into bites and placed on the cookie sheet, place in the freezer to set.
- Once hardened, you can store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer and take them out as you wish.
- They will only take 5 minutes to soften, so you can leave them in the freezer for as long as you'd like!
- I typically throw a few of them into a small ziplock and into my purse as I head out the door.