This weather has me in a soup haze. All I think about is soup. I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!
This soup is a take on my butternut squash soup, but made with cauliflower instead. It is fabulous! I actually think I might like it better than the butternut squash... and that is saying something. This version reminds me of a lighter, healthier, version of potato soup. YUM!
It is seriously so simple it will take you less than 20 minutes to prepare, and you can eat it all week long if you're a meal-prepper :)
- 2T olive oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary
- 1.5 teaspoons salt (possibly more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (possibly more to taste)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and the chopped onion. Let the onion cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Then, add in the garlic, cauliflower, broth, and coconut milk.
- Stir well and cover with a lid. Cook for about 30-45 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until creamy. (You can also transfer the soup into a regular blender, if needed)
- Add in the herbs and seasonings of your choice, and serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week. You could also freeze it in an airtight container if you wish to use it at a later date.
Enjoy on it's own or compliment with some of my favorite rosemary sourdough bread from the Whole Foods Market bakery :)