I'm more tempted to call these cookies rather than brownies, but to be honest they are so good I don't really care about the name! I'll go with a cookie-brownie :)
You already know how much I love sweets, so there's no point in telling you just how many times I have made these in a period of 7 days... because you can probably guess it by now.
When I was at a health conference a couple years ago I was able to listen to food babe speak and she was incredible! I checked out her recipes and adapted this from her, so she deserves most of the credit :)
It's safe to say that these will be your new favorite snack, dessert, and maybe even breakfast. I've made them with 1/2 the amount of sugar and they were still delicious, but most people prefer them on the sweeter side. Try them for yourself and let me know what you think!! It doesn't get much easier than this recipe right here!
- 2 cups almond butter
- 4T flaxseed mixed with 8T water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life dark chocolate chunks)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Combine the flaxseed and water in a small cup or bowl and stir well, then set aside.
- Grease a small 8x8 square pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT for chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Place the batter in your square pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until golden brown, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool for at least 10-15 minutes before cutting
I hope you enjoy them as much as my friend, Tommy, did!! I think his face says it all - genuinely surprised something so easy could be so good!