If you are new to clean eating and living, you may be wondering what body care products you should be using, or not using. A lot of my clients ask me what they should be doing in terms of lotions, soaps, and even home cleaning products. To be honest, this is something I often forget about. I use a wide range of natural products, but I seem to forget to share that information with others. However, when I found out about Whole Foods Market's Body Care sale this weekend - I knew it was time to share some of my favorite products with you!
So, in honor of Whole Food Market's 25% OFF Body Care sale this Friday-Sunday (October 6-8th, 2017), I have complied a list of some the things I think you should take advantage of!
A few of my favorites:
1) Dry Skin Brush
- Dry skin brushing has many benefits. Some of those include supporting your lymphatic system, which makes up your immune system. Dry skin brushing helps stimulate the lymph flow and enables the body to detox naturally. This also increases circulation and encourages the elimination of metabolic waste. Another benefit is exfoliation. Dry skin brushing helps loosen and remove dead skin cells, working as a natural exfoliant.
- Most people say you should use a dry skin brush 2-3 times a week. Brushing your skin in a circular motion, towards the heart. I personally like to use my dry skin brush before taking a hot shower.
2) Enfusia Bath Salts
- Made from botanical extracts, vitamins, and essential oils
- Was created by someone who dealt with eczema and was frustrated with traditional lotions and soaps that contained harsh chemicals
- 100% vegan and cruelty free
- Made in Texas
3) EO Lavender Body Oil
- I use this oil in baths, but I also use it as a makeup remover or moisturizer. I will dip a Q-tip in it and use it to remove makeup or to put oil on a certain dry spot.
- EO is one of my favorite brands, simply because I LOVE their lavender scent, and I'm sure you will too!
4) Skin Trip Coconut Body Lotion
- I've been using this lotion for years, and I love how light it feels on my skin. It absorbs instantly and doesn't leave me feeling sticky or like I just put a gallon of cream on my pores.
- Made from coconut oil and aloe vera
- Family owned company
- Made in Boulder, Colorado
5) Clarifying Charcoal Face Wash Bar, Pacha Soap Co.
- I found this soap about a year ago and completely fell in love. I always struggled finding a face cleanser that didn't leave me dry or oily. I have pretty neutral skin and I wanted to keep it that way. I swear by this bar!
- The charcoal in this bar is extremely cleansing and detoxifying (which is probably why it works so well)!
- Made in Dallas, Texas
6) Lavender and Eucalyptus Body Soap Bar, Pacha Soap Co.
- I just started using their body bars a few months ago. My skin feels hydrated after using them, PLUS the smells are incredible :)
- Made in Dallas, Texas
7) Whole Foods Market Shampoo & Conditioner
- Personally, I just want a good shampoo and conditioner that is affordable, doesn't dry my hair, doesn't grease my hair, and that smells good. This one checks all my boxes! A lot of natural shampoos and conditioners left my hair either really dry or really oily, but this one doesn't!
- Created by the same person who made Aveda hair care, which seems to be really popular :)
Questions? Comments? Let me know! Otherwise, get to your local Whole Foods Market to get in on the savings!
Disclosure: I have a partnership with Whole Foods Market and was compensated for my work, but all words and opinions are my own.