Avocado Lime Tart
I've always had a thing for raw desserts, and this is one of my Spring favorites! I love how light and creamy the avocados make this, and how simple and healthy it is for you!
Surprisingly, I was never a fan of key lime pie growing up, but now I can't seem to get enough of this! With no refined flours and minimal sugars, it's healthy enough for an afternoon snack :)
3 cups of cashew flour (3 cups of cashews blended into flour, could also sub for almond meal)
1/4 cup honey
3T melted coconut oil
3 ripe avocados
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
4 limes, zest and juice
1. If you are making your own cashew flour, you will need to blend about 1/2 cup of cashews at a time. If you blend more than 1/2 cup at a time it will turn into cashew butter instead of flour. So, you'll blend 1/2 cup on high until all of the cashews are ground into powder, which is a matter of seconds. You'll dump it into a bowl and then add another 1/2 cup, until you reach a total of 3 cups. (If you prefer to not make your own cashew flour, you can buy almond meal at the store and use that instead, it just don't be exactly the same.)
2. Once you have your cashew flour in a mixing bowl, add all of the remaining crust ingredients into the bowl and combine until you have a thick cookie-like dough. You will probably have to use your hands to make it stick together.
3. Using a tart or cheesecake pan, firmly press the crust down into the pan, making it as even as possible. Then set it aside.
4. Add all of the filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.
5. Pour the filling over the crust and spread out evenly.
6. Place the tart in the freezer for 1-4 hours. Then place in the fridge about 30 minutes prior to serving.
**Please note: If you wish to make this in advance, you can cover it and freeze it for several weeks. If you are making it to eat immediately, it must be kept refrigerated.