If you attended my Eat to Live; Fall Favorites Workshop a few weeks ago - you may have been licking your bowl clean after trying this soup. It is one of my favorites - hints why I served it at Fall Favorites ;)
This soup is incredibly filling which is nice for the warmer months or for when you want a simple meal to eat on throughout the week. It is a great addition to dinner parties and will leave your guests asking for the recipe!
Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think!
1 yellow onion, diced
4 red potatoes, diced
3 tomatoes, diced (or 1 can)
4 cups cooked chickpeas (or 3 cans)
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups vegetable broth
2T ground cumin
2T ground coriander
2t ground turmeric
1/2tsp white pepper
1/4tsp cayenne powder (optional)
Toppings: pumpkin seeds, parsley, chili flakes, lemon wedge
1. Toss your diced onion, garlic, and olive oil together in a soup pot.
2. Cook on medium until the onions start to look translucent.
3. Add in your diced red potato and 1 cup of your vegetable broth. Cook on high until the potatoes are soft, adding in more broth if needed to keep from burning.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, add in your tomatoes, chickpeas, spices, and remaining broth. Cook on medium for 10 minutes.
5. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until creamy.
6. Let the soup simmer on low for an additional 10 minutes before serving or storing in the refrigerator. You may add more spices if you wish.
7. Top with pumpkin seeds, fresh parsley, chili flakes, and a lemon wedge.
Serve and enjoy!